We here at ESSENCE OF LIFE SOAPS AND CANDLES want you to enjoy your candles in a safe and pleasant manner. Burning a candle is as much of an art form as making one. We hope you will respect these tips and enjoy the wonderful experience a candle can bring.
- Re-trim the wick before each use to 1/4 inch.
- Never leave candles unattended while burning.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from drapes, bedding, furniture, carpets, books and paper.
- Keep all burning candles away from children, pets and flammable material.
- After 4 hours burn time, extinguish the candle and allow to cool. Trim wick if needed.
- Always burn votives in appropriate votive holders, never freestanding as the soy will liquify.
- Do not light candle in a glass container that is scratched or cracked as it can explode.
- Never close the lid on a burning or warm candle.
- Discontinue use when 1/2 inch of wax remains on the bottom of the container.
- AN EXTRA CONSIDERATION FOR SOY VOTIVES ... Always burn in appropriate votive holders, never freestanding as the soy will liquify.